Since 300 years. In a mountain setting of exception, more and more visitors are delighted by the spirit of the place.
A miraculous cure (1702) has justified, in the early 18th century, the building, near the source, of an oratory dedicated to Our Lady of Mercy, chief of lepers.
This oratory has disappeared in an avalanche. He was replaced by the small chapel below, at the end of a nice cross and near the fountain.
From 1720, building a larger sanctuary for pilgrims has been decided.
The structural work was completed in 5 years.The interior decoration took the three decades following.
In 1766 was decided the construction of the reception house, abutting the church.
In 1777 a second tower was built.
The construction and initial development took place over nearly 80 years. From restoration to restoration during 200 years, the sanctuary from The Vernettes has kept the appearance that it had at the beginning.
A pilgrimage is organized every July 16.
The sanctuary is classified as a historical monument.
The town of Peisey-Nancroix has undertaken the restoration of interiors in 2008. After 2 years of work, the chapel will be open again to visitors.
Open everyday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Guided tours with a FACIM lecturer on summer 2020.
Dates available soon.
All year round, daily between 9 am and 5 pm.
Free of charge
- Picnic area
- Not accessible in a wheelchair