Sainte Foy, the village, the sunshine and… the snow!
Sainte Foy ski area ranges from 1550m to 2620m, offering 800 hectares of forests and high-altitude slopes with 26 pistes of varying difficulty.
Optimum snowfall from the very start of the season!
Situated at 1,550 m altitude, Sainte Foy enjoys excellent natural snow cover, with its lower slopes are sheltered from the wind. This microclimate is mainly created by easterly air currents arriving from the Italian Alps, creating heavy snowfall.
Thanks to this asset, for the second year running, Sainte Foy will be opening its training stadium from Saturday 23th November to Friday 13th December 2019. This early opening will allow the ski clubs of the French Ski Federation and the Savoie Ski Committee to begin training on the Arpette Stadium, which is International Ski Federation approved.
55% of the slopes in the ski area are now covered by a large network of snow production!
In order to guarantee regular, quality snow, every year we improve our snow production systems.
With these new installations, there will be a total of 100 snow cannons in the ski area.
Below the altitude 2100m = 100% of the equipped pistes!
- Online sale of the services of the Kids Club: the reservation of the child club now possible online at https://www.saintefoy-ski.com/en/get-trappers!
- The creation of a preferential rate TRIBU which gives right to 5% discount for any group purchase of 4 or more packages (all age categories combined) of 6 or 7 days on the area of Sainte-Foy Tarentaise.
Offer available on saintefoy-ski.com and at the checkouts.
- Saturday “Chausse tes skis” : Sale at the single price of € 24 for Saturday only.
Compulsory purchase via saintefoy-ski.com, open from noon the Wednesday to Friday midnight for Saturday.
Current projects …
- A building permit is currently under investigation for the replacement of the current Chairlift Arpettaz chairlift detachable, faster (winter 2020-2021)
- For your comfort, even more fluidity on the Grand Plan chairlift, addition of 14 new seats, bringing the speed skiers per hour from 1450 to 2000 skiers per hour. (2020- 2021)
Storm warnings? Head to Sainte Foy!
When storms force the neighbouring resorts to close their high-altitude, wind-exposed slopes, Sainte Foy offers the perfect alternative, with quality forest skiing on the lower slopes, which are sheltered from the wind.
For kids… and for parents!
Beginners ski free!
- Skiing is free for all beginners on the village ski slopes, both adults and children!
- Marmots and Gallopins: 2 magic carpets offering free access . To learn skiing free and safe on the two green slopes of Marmots and Galopins
- The ski area offers seven blue slopes accessible to beginners on the first two sectors (Plan Bois slopes, Chapel, Combes, Charmettes, Grand Solliet, Natur’Renard (not groomed) Crêt Serru du Bas. Ski pass required.
Peace of mind for parents
With its funnel-shaped terrain, all the slopes of the ski area lead back to the resort centre. So parents can enjoy true peace of mind!
The Aiguille chairlifts is equipped with kid stopper fittings, fixed onto the restraining bar in front of each seat cushion, to ensure greater comfort and safety for young kids.
Natur’Renard and Natur’Marmotte.
A fun and educational experience to raise awareness about protecting the environment.
The Discovery Trail. A fun snowshoes walk offering five information boards for you to discover the trees and wildlife of Sainte Foy. The answers to the quiz are available at the Tourist Information Bureau.
A free tobogan run on the Galopins village slope for après ski fun.
Sainte Foy on and off the pistes
Sainte Foy in also renowned for its off-piste skiing.
For your safety and that of those around you, never go off piste without being accompanied by a professional.
Mountain guides, ski schools and qualified, independent instructors are available to take you out to discover the fabulous, classic routes through hidden valleys where you can enjoy virgin snow…
Immaculately groomed pistes
The grooming and maintenance of the pistes in Sainte Foy has always been praised by our customers. The slopes are prepared every night by our teams of groomers so that you can enjoy a perfect ski area from the very start of the day.
Three “Nature Pistes” – Natur’Morion, Natur’Crystal and Shaper Paradise – are deliberately left untouched so you can enjoy natural skiing.